by Michelle Lentz
Well, like many of you, I just learned everything through other people’s live blogs. But I still wanted to put out a quick list of some of the newest features in iPhone 3.0. There are around 100 new features, not all covered in this session, and 1000 new APIs. It will be available as a free update this summer to iPhone users (although original iPhone folks like me won’t have access to some of the features) and $9.95 for the iPod Touch. If you’re in the developer program (even if you sign up today apparently), you can get the software now.
Here’s a list, starting with my favorite features and purely from a user’s perspective as opposed to that of a developer:
- Cut, copy, and paste, with a related Undo function (applies to all apps)
- Landscape mode available just about everywhere, including in Mail
- Spotlight system-wide search, just like on your Mac
- MMS (unless you have an original iPhone)
- Notes syncing
- Turn by Turn GPS
- Embeddable maps for applications
- Calendar gets CalDEV, ics support
- Stocks app improved with real-time headlines, highs and lows, more
- Push notification services (for real this time)
- In-app purchases
- Subscription services for apps
And really, a huge amount of things.