by Brian Solis
Edgeio is basically enabling publishers to become a sales point for any paid content. It supports all types of digital content – video, audio, files for download, plain text, tickets and more. Now these publishers can now distribute their content, and receive payment, without locking it up behind a subscription wall.
The platform opens up peer to peer commerce, allowing enthusiasts to become a point of sale for items they choose to write about.
* Digital content packaged, purchased and delivered to the consumer
* Buy and view-in-place lets you monetize your digital content
* Differentiate between old fashioned classifieds and new transactional classifieds
* Transactional classifieds can be distributed to every website that wants to become a point of sale
* Carry a payload of paid content
* Complete purchase in a single process
* Distribute content through the network
Benefits for Content Creators
* Reduce steps to purchase
* Increase visibility and exposure – your listings can be distributed to any website
* Escape constraints of a single storefront
* Create stickiness – keep readers on your site
See edgeio’s blog for more details.